With the newest version of software, you are now able to adjust the backlash speed. Some users have found that setting a lower backlash speed may reduce y-skipping. Below are the steps to access the setting to change the backlash speed.
Note: You do not need to change the backlash speed by default. This is only necessary in order to help reduce skipping if your printer is experiencing said skipping.
- With printer on and connected, click the gear in the upper right hand corner to access settings
- Navigate to the advanced settings tab and click the checkbox labeled "Expert Mode"
- Once the spooler window has popped up, click the "Backlash Settings" button
- The backlash settings window will pop up and the backlash speed should be set to the default setting of 2900
- Change the backlash speed to 1500 and click "Ok"
- The backlash speed is now updated and the lower backlash speed should help to reduce skipping issues