Bed PCB Replacement Guide for M3D PRO
In this guide, we will explain how to replace the Bed Board (B board) of the M3D PRO. You will need a 2.0mm hex screwdriver for the disassembly and you’ll want to be in an antistatic environment. Some electronics will be exposed during the disassembly and there is a chance you could damage them. We recommend not working on a carpeted area and to discharge before working. You can do this by touching something metal (Not the printer) for at least one second. Wearing an antistatic wrist-wrap would be good. Link for a wrist-wrap here https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Anti-Static-Components-RTK-002-Yellow/dp/B004N8ZQKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494531998&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=anti+static+wrist+strap&psc=1 Although, it is highly recommended to use an antistatic wrist-wrap, if you do not have access to the antistatic wrist-wrap, you can do the repair process by having a metal contact to your body throughout the repair.
- Remove the print bed as shown in the picture below:
2. Raise the print head all the way at the top. Remove the four 2mm hex drive screws that holds the top of the base (fluff).
3. Pull the top of the base (fluff) up.
4. This is how the top of the base (fluff) should be raised.
5. Remove the cube rear and remove the two screws that holds the Bed (B) Board on to the sheet metal as shown in the picture below:
6. This is how the B board with the clear bed board holder looks like once the two screws are removed.
7. Now in order to install the new B board, make sure that the countersink part of the clear B board holder is at top (the hole with an opening).
8. Next remove the main PCB in order to remove the big ribbon cable of the B board as shown in the pictures below:
9. Remove the B board ribbon cable as shown below:
10. Now in order to install a new B board, connect the one part of the ribbon cable to the B board as shown in the picture below:
11. Now insert the other side of the ribbon cable around the sheet metal as shown in the picture below:
12. Now after inserting the cable around the sheet metal, install the other side of the ribbon cable into its slot one the PCB. Be very careful while removing and installing the ribbon cable as the wires are prone to break.
13. Now, install the PCB back on to the sheet metal by securing it using the three screws that were removed.
14. Now, referring to the picture below, install the clear B board holder as shown with the countersink part at the top.
15. Now first insert the twos screws on the B board and B board holder before securing both the pieces on the sheet metal as shown:
16. Now put the B board and B board holder on the sheet metal and secure the two screws as shown on the picture below and then install the fluff and cube front and the cube rear of the printer. This completes the B board installation process.